Wednesday, November 7, 2007

07th November 2007 1625pm Melaka

What is the best movie I have watched in year 2007?
Not 300, not Harry potter, not Pirate 3, not Transformer.

It must be Stardust.

What is the story about?
It is about a man, a star, and the love.

The story begins in the sleepy English village of Wall, a young man called Tristan, who are in a bid to win the heart of a lady(Victoria), he goes on a quest to retrieve a fallen star. On his journey he finds a star which has transformed into a beautiful girl Yvaine. But Tristan is not the only one searching for the star. The princes all seek the stone chain on the star to vie for the throne.An evil witch also needs the star to help make her young again. Triston must protect Yvaine from all of thes threats. Triston's quest changes and he must win the heart of the star for himself and discover the meaning of true love....

Yesterday i have just finished my orthopeadics exam, and Deepavali comes. Since nothing to do at home, so i decided go for a night movie. I was attracted by the aids on newspaper, "a movie which there is a prince, a witch, and a star.. what else are you asking for??"
What a lame slogan is that, so i made up my mind to go for this movie.

What have i seen in this movie?
I saw the courage of a young lad to adventure to win the heart of his love.
I saw the loyalty and friendship between Cap. Shake and his pirate mate.
I saw a beautiful star lady willing to sacrifice everything for her love, she is willing to bless Triston and follow him back to village for Victoria.
I saw the shinning and joy of Yvaine for Triston.
I saw the world with magic, the world with miracle, the world with nothing but love.

What does stardust mean? According to an online-dictionary, it can be defined as
  1. A dreamlike, romantic, or uncritical sense of well-being.
  2. A cluster of stars too distant to be seen individually, resembling a dimly luminous cloud of dust.
  3. Minute particles of matter that fall to Earth from the stars
Yvaine herself is a stardust. The love between Triston and Yvaine, isn't that a stardust?
Ain't we are looking for our stardust either? The witch said that a star appears in the earth few hundred years once.. will we be lucky enough to find ours like Triston?

I could remember what Yvaine said to Triston when he transformed into a mouse...
"the mankind loves... You could search all over the universe and never find anything more beautiful. I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing. It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange ,no fits. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine..."
I think that is just all about love.. no more, no less. A star.. she learns love, she understands love and she loves.
what else could be more beautiful than this?

I don't understand love. But i think i will try to understand it, and go for it.
As Yvaine says... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful.
so.. why not?

A pretty night, a lovely movie, makes a lonely guy has the desire for love. :)
My stardust, where are you?

No comments: